A great Sunday

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: A great Sunday
From: "Jonathan Amo" <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 23:38:53 -0600
List,

I must share with you folks.
Sunday was one of the most relaxing days in a very very long time for
me.
A guy that works for me had put together a motorcycle ride firework run
which he started last year with some family members taking a day on
their bikes to just cruise up to Cheyenne Wy from Denver. This year he
again set this up so I said hell ill go, thinking Ill probably have the
only sport bike there. We had 14 out of 15 show up for the Sunday ride
with took us about 300 miles total. Funny enough the guy that didnt show
up was the one who picked the time and location. (must have partied
pretty hard since Saturday the Avalanch won the Stanley Cup.). To my
amazement we had a very wide variety of bikes. Honda Hurricane, Honda
F3, BMW, Harleys, Kawasaki Vulcans, TDM 850, and the most notiable was a
Norton 750 Commando (and yes single cylinder). That bike was totally
great. Weird how the brake and shifter were on opposite sides. (1 up,
and 3 down shifting pattern). He has two fuel tanks for the bike, it was
fitting with the larger for the trip.
Nothing like a long ride, no stress, go at whatever pace you want, enjoy
the outdoor, the fresh air, the scenry, it was truley a great relaxing
day.

Just thought I would share, sorry if there is no techinical stuff, or
racing stuff in this email (but o yes there was, I did race the Honda
600 F3 with my Hurricane we reached around the 135 indicated mark, i
redlined 5th gear, shifted and backed out, after that I attained I nice
little clatter on acceleration now, the old 1987 Hurricane turned 43,000
miles on the odometer) now this should be a well rounded email.

Jon

///