Flathead bore and stroke

To: "Land-speed Racers" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Flathead bore and stroke
From: "Marge and/or Dave Thomssen" <mdthom@radiks.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 18:23:09 -0500
Group
ARDUN Bill covered the subject very well.  Some thick-walled blocks were
cast, but these were random and may be mistakes at the foundry. I have found
thick walls on early and late blocks and there was no special identification
on the casting marks. A 3 3/8 by 4 1/2 stroke flathead is theoretically 322
inches (my racing number) and the extra 3 inches is for wear, etc, for the
325 inch limit.  Except for blocks and cranks more flathead equipment is
available today than has been for the last 30 or so years. Two hundred
streetable horsepower is available, which by today's standards isn't too
bad, and they are great fun!
Dave the hayseed

///