Re: Leak Down Check

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Leak Down Check
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 23:59:38 -0700
KT,
I know from experience that the directions call for a "warm" motor, but I
believe that pertains more to the pistons & rings than the valves.
Regardless, the warmer motor should have less loss. I know a couple of pro
engine builders I will ask but I understand that the delta (8%)? isn't
enough to tear it apart.
BTW, the old 9:1 SVO had better than 15% difference on two clyinders and
that was on a cold leak down test. That's why I went to the new 12:1.
Grib

.