RE: Morris Minors etc

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Morris Minors etc
From: brian falkner <falken@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 21:59:10 +1200
Dont want to spoil the party but...
Ive had my share of Morris Minors etc, they were ok down under
where we had a preponderance of under powered English & European
cars. God knows what they were like in the land of V8s but down here
they were always in the road of any Chrysler, GM 6cyl or Ford V8 etc
that was 20 years older....we have a preponderance of hills here..
many would use the term Mountains...with narrow roads...say no more!.
Nowadays I wouldnt want to drive an original one anywhere let alone
give my Son/Daughter, worst enemy..well maybe my worst enemy...one to
go fetch the groceries!.
Its nice to see a pristine example at a show but to encounter one on
our highways is an exercise in frustration and danger.
My American friend down the road had two recently, a low light & an
"E" series both side valves. I could never understand him, I mean you
have to be nuts to like driving them in traffic here where our
drivers are unequivocaly mad...eventually he had one close encounter
too many that scared seven kinds of whatsaname out of him & sold them.

We had endearing terms for European cars of that era like..
"couldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding"
"couldnt pull a sick sailor off your sister"

My advice?, tootle around town and keep off the freeways!.

Brian The Antipodean party pooper.
Excuse me, Is my bias showing?
Still shorts & shortsleeve shirts weather here.

///