Re: Underslung

To: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>, "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Underslung
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:27:17 -0700
I was thinking about this some more and thought I would mention that on my
'32 5 window with a 392 hemi I had pinto R&P mounted to brackets bolted to
the dropped axle. The Pinto (Mustang 2) R&P is meant to mount forward of the
axle so if its behind the car goes right when you turn left. This is a good
deal since it forces you to mount a gear box (reverser) some where in the
shaft. Mine was on the frame just above the radius rod mount and where the
steering shaft cleared the header. This corrected the direction of rotation
and since it was at an angle allowed everything to clear and the shaft
forward to hug the frame rail. I used oil pump gears (CF6 sump) that were
being junked anyway so it cost nothing and is still in use since '78.  Rich
Fox