Re: #786 c/galt camaro

To: clab@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: #786 c/galt camaro
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 06:27:02 -0700 (PDT)
I used 2" blocks on the rear.  I've used 4" on a
street car before but wouldn't do that for
racing.  Re-arched springs is another way to go.
Other than that, you are going to be rel0cating
the spring perch, and if you go through all that,
you might as well build your final setup. On the
front, cut one coil first, two will go very low.
Prolly right to the stops or control arm bind
point.

Dick J
--- chad labno <clab@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Dick and List,
> Part of the choice of rear ends in the method
> I'll use
> to lower the car. The best (and most expensive)
> way
> is 4-link (or ladders) and coil-overs. In that
> case
> I'll go 9" BUT eventually I'll need a quick
> change
> so for now (and I'll be under 150) the 10 bolt
> makes
> mose sense. So, whats the best way to lower the
> rear
> of the car? Lowering blocks, never thought much
> of the
> idea, makes it harder to control spring
> wind-up. Re-arc
> the springs, problem finding someone to do it.
> what else?
> Fronts easy, cut off a coil or two then hope
> there's enough
> adjustment to return the camber to specs then
> there's the
> possibility of bump-steer. I'm open to
> sugestions.
> Chad
> PS: the engine's out, started cutting out
> rusted panels,
> sand blasting and degreasing.

=====
Dick J