Re: Lessman Streamliner

To: Dan <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Subject: Re: Lessman Streamliner
From: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 07:44:10 -0700
Dan, what Dave is saying is that traction control can be made part
of the engine management system. The program only needs two
data inputs, RPM and time. Nothing else, no wheel sensors ....
nothing ...
F-1 has found it impossible to enforce this rule.
I think SCTA would be wise to make the traction control rule
match reality and delete all references to it.
There is NO way the rule can be enforced where engine management
systems are allowed.
That's the reality.

Bryan Savage

Dave Dahlgren wrote:

> Dan can I test a car with traction control although not go for any particular
> record?? i have programmed this feature on many cars and it is quite safe and
> does not use the brakes to accomplish the comtrol, or the throttle or anything
> else that takes all final control away from the driver in any way. Basically
>it
> just makes the engine produce less power if the wheels are spinning.
> Dave Dahlgren

///