Re: Flatty block measurements an' other stuff.....

To: benettw@earthlink.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Flatty block measurements an' other stuff.....
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 13:21:54 -0000
From: "Bill & Dee Bennett" <benettw@earthlink.net>
To: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Flatty block measurements    aw,  -din't come out gud...WE'LL
TRY IT AGAIN,
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 23:05:17 -0400

Doug when you get it drawn up if you would like send me the DWG file, and I
will do a screen capture of it. That way I can convert it to a file everyone
can see. I am using ACAD R14 so it shouldn't be a problem.

Bill

Why thanks Bill....

I'm thinkin' though, that you could tell me how to convert it myself mebbe.
  Could save a lotta time, and mebbe even teach me som'pin new (lord knows I
need to learn more !)

Do you go to FILE, then EXPORT, then you have to choose what kind of a file
"type" it is you want ?  If I'm on the right track, (or not....) fill me in
will'ya ?

So far I have'nt recieved any measurements from anyone.   Am hopeful however
that maybe sometime today someone will come through inna pinch!

Another measurement that came to mind that I need (for anyone "out there"
with a '28 or '29 flatty powered Hot Rod that can measure...) is the
distance from the rear of the radiator shell, horizontally backward to the
top front lip of the cowl.  ( measured in line with the center original hood
hinge mount.  ie; just smack dab in the middle over the carbies)  That would
give a theoretical "hood length" for me..... it should be about something
like 26 to 29" I'm thinkin'.....

Thanks again Bill,  we'll "keep ya' posted"

                          -da' Doug down south ( NuYawk thet is...)