Burns & Wright...Bert Munroe

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Burns & Wright...Bert Munroe
From: "Dan" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 05:20:39 -0700
List,

I believe the person who casts his own pistons, etc. is Bert Munroe from down
under, NZ? Bert was truly a one of a kind person. There are a million stories
about him, doing strange things with Ford beam axles, that sort of stuff.

His Indian motorcycle was restored and shown at various gatherings around the
country. The restoring person's name escapes me for now but I do know he
passed away a few years ago. I haven't seen the bike for sometime. It is still
around as it has surfaced on the ballot for inclusion to the Dry Lakes Hall of
Fame (Gas Up) for 2001.

I may be able to find some more info in my junk, I mean collectibles, in the
garage.

Dan W

///