Tilton Clutch stuff

To: "Land Speed list 2" <Majordomo@landracing.com>,
Subject: Tilton Clutch stuff
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 21:35:04 -0500
I just snatched the Cast Iron D Motor and was getting ready to install the
Mule C Motor Brad had built for us.... this next meet is about testing the
six speed and going through it's teething woes if any....

Well we were debating the Triple disc Tilton and if we should swap to this
Double we had on the self..... after pulling the triple out I was absolutely
AMAZED at just how destroyed it was.... this clutch worked perfectly last
weekend....and the disc's were literally half gone.... some had NO surface
left at all..... The Steels were Dark Blue....and just pure JUNK...

I just couldn't believe how great that thing was even being destroyed it
perfromed flawlessly...   nice touch to get more then you pay for.... this
was one of those Muscle Motor sports deals...we had bought a set of disc's
and stuff in the middle of last year and it survived Two Trips to bonneville
and 3 meets at Maxton.... Pretty cool deal really....

The one thing I learned out of this is that we are going to put a push bar
on the truck and start pushing the car off rather then driving it off the
line... has to be easier on all the drive train and it won't load up the
Plugs..... Side benifet is Dave won't have to Cringe everytime it leaves the
line....

The Push bar letter will come in a later e-mail but I will say this much I
got a Front Reciever hitch from JC whittney for less then a 100 dollars...

Keith

///