Re: Checklists

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Checklists
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 10:54:43 -0700 (PDT)
Good start Keith.  My crew chief (wife) was an
honest to God crew chief on an F-4 Phantom jet
fighter, so you wanna talk check lists!  You know
how aircraft crew chief's are!  And she doesn't
hesitate to get right in my face either!  She
reminds me often that the car is not mine until
she signs off on it!  One that she has that I
like a lot though is the final vehicle check
before she let's me get in it.  And it's a doozey
- it includes, among other things, checking all
fluid levels,  checking all lug nuts, brake line
fittings, seat belt, header bolts, manifold
bolts, carb base nuts, and a whole bunch of other
things.  She developed the initial version back
when I was running a pro stock drag bike.  She
has frequently found last minute things that had
to be corrected, but on one occassion in
particular, she found a missing nut on my wheelie
bar that I'm convinced would have given me a free
ride to the local ER.

Nobody should rely on common sense - - too much
adrenaline flowing as you get close to the
starting line.

Dick J

=====
Dick J