EGT

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: EGT
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 08:26:58 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Folks, last time I had a ride in a Beechcraft Bonanza I noticed the
owner had installed an EGT display which continuously monitored each of
the six cylinders.

Just talking theoretically, each cylinder on a V-8 is bound to have a
different EGT, so for tuning purposes it would seem you need a computer
to record all cylinders during a run so that you
can make changes later accordingly.  I gather people do that changing
nozzles for each cylinder with mechanical fuel injection, and with EFI I
suppose each cylinder can be individually managed with the computer.

Tom already told us he changes bypass jets at Bonneville during a run if
his EGT so indicates.  I imagine if the EGT is high it means a lean
condition and the engine wants more fuel.  As John just pointed out,
there's not time to do anything but shift gears and steer at Maxton.

Cheers from Ardun Bill

///
///