Re: MAXTON MARCH MEET PHOTOS

To: <FastmetalBDF@aol.com>, <richk@spartajunction.com>
Subject: Re: MAXTON MARCH MEET PHOTOS
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 11:52:27 -0500
the Cosworth belongs to Calvin Smith.... and the Shark's tooth Bike is Jim
Cannon.... Trust me when I say that is sedate for Jim.... almost scary...

the Roll Master car is quick... even with the D motor it ran 195+ on
gas.... with the A Motor it really hauls.... they were in the 250+ range at
Speedweek.... so they have a clue.... the builder's name is Bob Durnhiem he
is just a super fabricator...

----------
> From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
> To: richk@spartajunction.com
> Cc: land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: MAXTON  MARCH  MEET  PHOTOS
> Date: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 11:31 AM
>
>        Rich,  I checked out all of your photos from Maxton this past
weekend
> and wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed them ...... you got some
very
> good shots ..... and I thank you for sharing them with all of us on the
list .
>        I especially liked the pics of that yellow ' 27T modified roadster
with
> the Cosworth engine ...... it looks like it is of Indy car quality, and
the
> chopped ' 32 Ford sedan ...... a true flashback to the altereds often
seen
> at the drags in the 50s and early 60s ...... great shots !    You also
> got some nice closeup details in the engine and front end pics of
> the blue Roll Master Car Dolly  A / G Lakester ...... it looks well built
> and fast just sitting there in the pits !
>        The photo of the bike with the cool Flying Tiger style shark mouth
> painted on the gas tank was really interesting, and the older bike
> with the side car was, as they say, "cuter than a bug' s ear" !
>        Again :  Well Done &  Thanks !  ..... I' m hoping to meet you and
> others on our list at one or more of this year' s ECTA meets .....
hopefully
> I' ll be there with a few of my fellow Northeast list members ......
>            Bruce
> where we' re having a 48 * heat wave ......

///
///