Emergencys

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: Emergencys
From: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 08:01:25 -0800
Keith's remarks on safety are a good reminder that everyone needs to think
about. Adding to this is if you have made any major changes to the drivers
compartment it will be to your benefit to get into the vehicle with a
complete driving suit, helmet, gloves and boots.

Get strapped in, check to see if you can reach all of the safety equipment.
Plan an order in what to do when something goes wrong.Have someone turn out
the lights and yell fire. See what it takes to get out of the vehicle.

If you feel the vehicle is getting loose and in the spin mode get on the
chute and then get the clutch in. It's hard on the engine and tires when
going backwards , and if supercharged could save the blower from lifting.

Fire is our biggest fear, be prepared and know to automatically go for the
fire systems first. Then try not to panic but when you feel safe turn to the
patrols or emergency crews along the course.
Most of all wear all of your fire protective equipment.

I am sure there will be remarks from others on the list regarding the safety
issues. Read them all,it could make a difference in the outcome of the ride.

Glen

///
///