Re: Modified Sports-------Modified wheelbase

To: land-speed@autox.team.net, Want1937hd@aol.com
Subject: Re: Modified Sports-------Modified wheelbase
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 14:57:29 -0000
Bobby, Bobby,......shame on you,

-bein' th' Hawt Rodder as you are; why would annyone who appreciates the
beauty (-and TRADITION ) of a Deuce, want to screw it all up by stretchin'
the wheelbase ?   LOL

While stretchin' may not make MORE speed,it sure as 'ell might let you stay
onnit longer 'cause she don't feel so much like swappin' ends on ya'......
LOL     -but you already knew dat ,ya' silly booger.

cheers to ya,  -Dirty Doug in New Yawk
                           -where it snowed AGAIN last nite :(

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To: kturk@ala.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Modified Sports

I'm still in the early planning stages of a LSR car, and have a wheelbase
question. The rules say you can modify the wheelbase up to 130 inches, I
understand that this makes things more stable, at what point do you deside
what is right? For example, a 1932 Ford roadster has been going well over
200MPH for years now. If you stretched the chass is to 130 WB would it go
any faster?

I'd like to hear from those that have been there and done that. I'll admit
that aesthetics is the main reason for asking this question.

Bob in  snow covered Connecticut