Moxie

To: Want1937hd@aol.com, Nt788@aol.com, wspotter@jps.net, tschoen@fuse.net,
Subject: Moxie
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 07:03:17 -0800 (PST)
--- Want1937hd@aol.com wrote:
> Yeah, It takes a lot of Moxie to write that
> stuff. Bob

I was starting to think MOXIE was a figment of my
imagination.  When I was 12, there was an old
Franklin coupe sitting in the bushes across from
Leonard's General Store.  On the side of the
store was a MOXIE sign. For some reason, after
that, I always associated the two.  I think I
remember trying Moxie once, seems that it had a
molassis taste to it.  I keep checking booths at
the local flea markets to see if those
repro-vintage signs come out with a moxie sign so
I can put it in my shop next to a Franklin sign.
Anybody else out there ever heard of or tried
Moxie? Was it a local New England drink, or was
it national?

=====
*         Dick J          *
*    (In East Texas)      *