Re: Supercharging SBC and little hemis? ? HELP!

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, <ARDUNDOUG@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Supercharging SBC and little hemis? ? HELP!
From: "Rick Byrnes" <rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 15:04:20 -0500
Dick, the large centrifical blower may get you there at sea level, but
consider the reduction in barametric pressure (altitude density) may cause
you to run out of blower at Bville.  With 75ppm air flow we measured
everything at 600 feet altitude and 96" Hg absolute, and had more boost
pressure available.  On the salt, 96" was all I had.  The difference in
Barametric caused a 5" Hg loss.  At the pressure ratio I was running, it may
not have made much difference in power, but volume/pressure must be
considered carefully.  You don't know that you run out of blower till you
turn the screws down more and nothing happens.  I just kept turning that
knob thru the 4 mile and it was something to keep my right hand busy....
Three stage charge air cooling helped make all that flow and pressure work,
even though the pressure ratio was so high.
I like your choice of the small HEMI.

Rick

///
///