Re: ok, here goes.

To: "Ben Delozier" <bend@aaronsap.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ok, here goes.
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 19:12:08 -0600
Hey Ben..... got so into the LSR deal... I forgot my manners... Welcome to
the List.... You aren't very far from us here in No where Alabama.... do
you speak HICK?

Seriously.... welcome to the list... there are many folks here who have the
necessary Knowledge to help you out.... K

----------
> From: Ben Delozier <bend@aaronsap.com>
> To: land-speed@autox.team.net; 'Keith Turk' <kturk@ala.net>
> Subject: ok, here goes.
> Date: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 9:30 AM
>
> > Now About you ahhh Casual observers out there.... HEY JUMP IN... we
don't
> > care what the question is.... if you bring it up we can discuss it...
> > beat
> > it up.... and Dave can come up with a New Set of Viable rules for
it....(
> > someone has to poke at Dave )  We don't care about how you say it... or
> > how
> > you spell it.... the character of the queston is much more important...
> > Please take the time to introduce yourself and join the party....  Oh
by
> > the
> > way when you show up at Speedweek we will all know you and have shared
in
> > the building of your car.
> >

> OK,  Ya'll asked for it.
>
> My name is Ben Delozier , I'm a 30  yr. old graphic designer living in
> southwest Missouri.
> I've been messing with hot rods since the age of 15, learned by doing and
> fixing what broke. I'm a decent mechanic, but engines always boggle me.
Its
> a whole artist & number thing, mixes like water & oil.  I do have a
couple
> street rods and do all of my own work, so I'm not totally ignorant, just
> mostly.
>
> My plan is to get a car set up so I can go out and run the salt whenever
it
> is a financially viable, for the fun of it.  What I'm searching for is
the
> most bang for the buck, not really chasing a record, just want to
experience
> land speed racing on my own terms with what I've got.
>
> Looking at  E/Prod,  I've acquired a '63 Falcon station wagon with a
couple
> of engine/tranny options.  The car is getting set up as a street cruiser,
> but while I'm at it,  I would like to plan ahead and set it up for a bolt
in
> roll structure, seat, etc.
>
> It has an 8.8 rearend in it (which I believe is a 2.49 ratio ) , with
> granada discs on the front.
> The car has a 170/3spd stick. but am switching to either a 250 inline or
260
> v-8.  Trans options are either a C-4 or 3spd manual w/overdrive ( have
both
> laying around).
>
> Given the restrictions of a shoestring budget and limited knowledge, I'm
> looking for a recipe to make this thing go.  Any help appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> BenD

///
///