Re: N20 - pressure drop

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: N20 - pressure drop
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:24:03 -0500
That is kind of what i plan on doing with Keith's car if he
lets me have my way... Except it might be more like the
first stage from the 2 and the second stage when in high
gear.. try to get it all done before the 5.. that way on a
return pass if you have a problem there is still some track
left to work with. For me the course at B'ville is really
only 4 miles long. I gear to get it done by the 4 and then
let it run out the back door at whatever speed you have.
Pretty sure it won't work with a real fast car but a 250 mph
ride ought to get it done by then. there seem to be quite a
few cars that run over 3 at the quarter so the whole concept
of not enough bite sort of escapes me at times. seems like
there are more cars that need to do some chassis work to get
the power they have down to the track. Did you notice the
rubber marks in the salt last year??
Dave

John Beckett wrote:

> Dave
>
> Here's a thought on the pressure drop situation. If bottle pressure is going
> to equalize while running two bottles anyway, what about a dual stage system
> running two bottles, but one for each half of the total system. Run the
> first from say 3 to 4 and the second from 4 to 5?
>
> John

///
///