Re: Pics from Nitrous Express Explosion

To: Tom Neimeyer <3cbxs@ev1.net>
Subject: Re: Pics from Nitrous Express Explosion
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:33:46 -0500
Did ya all read all captions?? a tampered with or incorrect
blow off valve.. States right in captions that the safety
disc was marked 3000 psi.. This clown deserved everything
that happened to him.. I have no clue what this is supposed
to prove other than idiots like this make it tough for all
of us to get insurance coverage for race events. The nicest
thing he could of done is blow himself up because he will
out smart something else down the road and make it even
tougher yet to get insurance.. The nitrous bottle is safer
than the oxy/acetelene tank  or bernz-o-matic propane tank
in your garage.. It is a reminder what can happen if you
don't follow directions and tamper with inherently safe
things and make them unsafe.. You have to remember all these
bottles have to be certified and meet pretty tough
government regs..

This is a perfect example of God punishing the stupid and
witless!!!

And yes I counted to 10 actually 20 before sending this
post....
If you defeat the safty blow off in any pressure vessel this
is exactly what will happen. That includes the fire bottles
in you car also...
It is the reason those blow offs are mandatory!

Dave Dahlgren ( you can break anything even an anvil)

Tom Neimeyer wrote:

> This was sent out on the Landspeed list about 18 months ago.  For those that
> did not see it, it is ...interesting.  It is a NOS bottle that exploded in
> the trunk of a car inside a garage.  With all the talk about NOS, I thought
> it might be a good reminder of what can happen when things go wrong.
>
> Regards, Tom
>
>  http://www.enhancedhealth.com/NOS2.htm

///
///