Re: AMA at Bonneville??

To: <ardunbill@webtv.net>, "Henry Deaton" <hdeaton@verio.com>,
Subject: Re: AMA at Bonneville??
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 13:34:33 -0800
List; I looked in some old rule books that I could easily find. The 1966
(with 67 revisions) has no motorcycles. The 1977 book has AMA cycle records.
the 1981 has Bonneville National Motorcycle records. As I remember bikes
were not allowed but wanted to run. Then participation was down and it was
thought more entrants would ensure a continued event, so bikes were invited
and sanctioned by AMA. Then there were so many bikes that some people wanted
them to get there own meet, instead SCTA took over and thats where we are
now. I think, I never ran a bike so wasn't involved directly.  Rich Fox