Re: computer help .... did Eli Whitney have to deal with this ?

To: Want1937hd@aol.com, ARDUNDOUG@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: computer help .... did Eli Whitney have to deal with this ?
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 14:35:55 EST
        Bob, at other end of state,  I have had that same hassle for about a
year now .... MOST aggrevating !!!  Joe Timney just sent some metalworking
photos to me, attached to an email about a metalshaper' s group he' s
interested in .... I downloaded into my documents, and when I opened it up
for a look-see, the ' puter tells me it had to be stored in " notepad "   I
went to notepad and got an unbelievably long cyberjumble of tens of
thousands of letters ( never did scroll all the way down (up ? ) to the end
..... IF there was one )  There were a few lines in this incredible mass
of cryptography that were legible enough for me to get several websites,
and a few names ..... like Ron Covell, one of my metalworking " heroes ".
      The bottom line is I still haven't seen the photos .  This is NOT the
" zip " file problem ..... been there already !  Thanks, anyhow, Joe .....
I  appreciate it !   A year ago or so, Skip H. sent me several pics of his
lakester / liner ..... One I could view, but not the other, and could NOT
make a print of either . I told Skip about this, and he went to the trouble
of mailing total stranger Bruce a great shot of his liner on the Salt !
      Thanks again, Skip ..... it' s in one of my albums,  and I would also
like to thank one of our newer list folks ( and one of the NICEST people
here )for all the help and photos she has been kind enough to send
along to me ...... our very own Mrs. Ed Shearer, aka  CRIS  !!!
     Gotta say there are some fine people on this list, for SURE !
           Bruce, with an Industrial Revolution mindset, and who has
     forgotten more about welding than I will ever know of computers !