Re: Arduns in CT and the Northeast

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Arduns in CT and the Northeast
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 01:37:53 EST
       Doug,  Three of the list members were at the annual Connecticut Dragway
reunion this summer : Bellytanker John Linville, Bob Swanson, and myself .
       I talked with Mike Hart, a very friendly and clever man in his 70s who
comes in his very unique home built speedster .  I was telling Mike that I
was trying to get a small group together to go down to one of the ECTA events
at Maxton and he seemed interested in the idea .  I believe Mike' s father
was one of those brave souls that drove " the boards " ( the old board tracks
actually made out of an awful lot of board-feet of wood, for you younger
speed enthusiasts ) and Mike grew up loving the racing he saw while
accompanying his dad .  A visit to Mike's shop is on my long list of things
I want to do this year ( along with me taking up John Linville on his
invitation
to pay him a third visit to see the progress on his Anglia / flathead lsr car
as well as his bellytank / nailhead Buick and the new Morris Minor "grandkids
ice cream hauler" woodie wagon project )  I am almost positive Mike Hart
lives in Branford, and "Roadster Ronnie" San Giovanni, the Ardun owner
I am sure you know must have his address .   RonnieRoadster@aol.com
      is the sparkplug of our upcoming annual winter CT Dragway Slide Show
and Reunion ( It's FEB 24th, RAWAWA Bob Wanner ..... be there again,
and bring photos of your lakester ! )   John Linville emailed me that this
fellow Ted Wingate is up in his state, New Hampshire, and running a
machine shop ...... sounds like another shop to add to our tour if he' ll
have us !
       Time to hit the hay on this cool ( temp ) coast ......
                       Bruce