Re: U.S. Mule and Ted Wingate

To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Subject: Re: U.S. Mule and Ted Wingate
From: Want1937hd@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 21:53:54 EST
I have been lucky to have owned both sets of Ardun heads. The first set was
NOS never bolted to a block! The valve gear was all packed in cotten bags
with Ardun stamped on them. I sold them to pay the balance on the plumbing
when we built the house 23 years ago. The other set was a complete engine
that spent its life on a dyno. There was a copper tag riveted to the valley
#1001. The rocker covers had Made in Germany in raised letters, all the spair
parts were wraped in German newspaper. Yes, it was on a V8-60 block. This
head used the Bristol design rockers, with an extra pushrod and rocker to get
to the valve on the far side. That went down the road in exchange for the
missing pieces to the '32 Ford roadster I was building at the time. Sure wish
I still had that one to go in the 1948 MG-TC. Bob