Re: [Re: rear end question for hotrod]

To: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>, John Linville
Subject: Re: [Re: rear end question for hotrod]
From: Phillip Landry <saltracer@netscape.net>
Date: 4 Jan 01 19:14:03 PST
John,
we made a fairly narrow rear end for our car by taking a older ford truck rear
end and shortening one side 4". this only required one axle to be shortened.
In the past I have taken regular 8" or 9" rears and shortened the housing on
one side only (the long side) to the same axle length as the other end and
then use two short axles.  Phil

Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net> wrote:
John,

The problem is most ford housing are not pinion centered. Is that ok with
you?

joe