Re: Roadster vs Convertible

To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roadster vs Convertible
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 09:24:26 -0500 (EST)
Hi Bruce and List, yes, there was a '37 Ford Roadster, model 78-710, and
1,250 were made.  Also in '37 the two-seat Cabriolet model 78-760A was
produced, 10,184 made, and a four-seat Club Cabriolet, model 78-760B,
8,001 made.  All this info from "The V-8 Album."

Over the years I've seen a few articles in the mags about surviving '37
Roadsters, but they must be rare today.  After '37 it was dropped,
because of poor sales.  For every thing, there is a season.

A few years ago I saw an article about a CA fella who apparently makes
his living building repro '36 Ford Roadsters, one at a time, gorgeous
cars built with craftsmanship and taste, streetrod style with SB Chevys.
He builds them his way in his garage, drives them out to some of the big
streetrod shows, and finds a buyer for big bucks.  Sounds like private
enterprise at its finest, to me.  Cheers Bill