Re: shaving tires

To: Crim <gwcrim@usa.com>, LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: shaving tires
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 13:45:45 -0800 (PST)
What size tires you looking for George?  I've
raced on Z-rated 15", 16" 17" and 18" bike tires.
I'm thinking the sportster uses 16" and 18", no?
I can probably find something in one of my old
catalogs that will fit your sportster.  If there
are no longer tires available in the size you
need, it may be necessary to change rim sizes.

Dick J

--- Crim <gwcrim@usa.com> wrote:
> Here's a stumper....  there are no Z rated
> tires that fit a Sportster.
> Z rated or shaved V rated tires are required to
> go over 150 MPH.
> Where the heck can I find someone to shave
> motorcycle tires?
>
> George Crim
> Sportster List Race Team
> http://www.sportster.org/LSR