RE: Specialized engine building equip

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Specialized engine building equip
From: "Smith, Simon-Pierre" <Simon-Pierre.Smith@PSS.Boeing.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 13:20:56 -0800
        These "engine in the house" tales remind me of 2 stories.

        First is when my brother got a Fantic trials bike.  These things were
made for going slowly but over rocks, logs, waterfalls, whatever.  I come home
and find him in the living room, motor running, trying to get from the front to
the back door without dabbing a foot.  The hard part was taking a hand off the
bars to open and close the doors.

        Second was a repair shop that had a flat head motor of some sort all
built up on a stand, open headers.  Instead of a door dinger when someone
walked into the shop they had it wired to a starter.  The engine would rev free
for about 3 seconds and shut off.  I'm sure all that cold running wore it
quickly but who cares.

        Simon