E Motors

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: E Motors
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 20:26:23 -0500
List,

   I was going over my 2001 new car liteature at work the other day (Yes,
we've entered the "famine" season of our "feast or famine" business.) and
noticed a potential E/ motor in the Oldsmobile Aurora.  The L47 4.0 liter
Aurora V8 is a 32 valve DOHC that makes 260 lbft of torque at 4400 RPM and
250 HP at 5600 RPM on 87 octane pump gas. (GM lowered the compression ratio
for 2001.)

   I've driven the older high compression Aurora V8's, and they are quite
impressive, even in a heavy GM FWD luxo-chassis.  It seems that it'd be a
lot easier to boost the 4.0 Aurora V8 to 4.26 liter than to destroke a
Cadillac Northstar from 4.9 liters.

   Just a thought.

Chuck Rothfuss
One of the 1308 cc E/ Motor clan