Re: LSR TV ....and us'un's

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LSR TV ....and us'un's
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 09:07:08 -0800
Doug,
Adreneline TV is one of those shows that covers all kinds of "extreme"
sports.  They distribute on ABC but locally it was on KJZZ, a channel owned
by the owner of the Utah Jazz.  The show is one of those orphan programs the
network affiliate didn't opt to pick up so KJZZ did.
The show ran two weeks ago.  Other than a twenty second segment interviewing
me and about thirty five to forty seconds on Jim and Juli Burkdoll they
didn't show much but a wild ride by some yellow comp coupe with the 'chute
out.  Nothing of the interview they did with Mr. Hat, Keith Turk, but a nice
report on the monocycle with Kerry and some footage of him riding around.
They even bypassed the racing barstools.  Obviously they had contacted Paul
Busta and had some older footage from him that they could not have acquired
any other way.  I don't know if they will show more later on a slow weekend
or what.
I have asked the producer for a couple of videos of the portion on the salt
, one for USFRA archives and one for Jim and Juli.  So far I have had no
reply.
If you are looking for video, just hold tight until the World of Speed 2000
video comes out from PAB Video Productions.  Paul had three cameras going
and didn't miss much.  He has some sequential video on the Tom Burkland run
(even if Bonneville Racing News says Gene was driving) that should be
spectacular when the tape comes on sale in the near future.  I'll mention it
when it is available if you would like or else we can just post it on our
<www.saltflats.com> web page.
Wes