Re: Muroc

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Muroc
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 20:57:20 EDT
In a message dated 06/27/2000 4:15:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
speedtimer@earthlink.net writes:

<<
 Hey Doug
 You did good buddy, I enjoyed all of the runs but the modified roadsters are
in
 my heart. My first 200 mph run was in one. With your records and Doug Odem,
 Katie's and the So.Al. Turk all having so much fun I'm not sure if we can
handle
 a party at the roads end.

 Oops, almost for got Dincau & logan with their runs, lots of nice looking
 hardware.
 Yeah Russ' you missed a great meet in spite of the dust. It's a racers meet
but
 not much for the spectator when the wind blows. By the way Koury looked real
good
 in his new liner. Can hardly wait for Marlo to finish his. There should be
lots
 on the chat line tonight so I'm outta here.
 Great show everyone.
 Glen in the best seat in the house.

    Thanks Glen. The engines "vital-signs" were so good when we got home that
I'm leaving the engine sealed for Speed Week.
    We're concentrating on repairing and bracing the aft bellypan on 1313. On
the 192 run it succumbed to the downforce and ruptured at about the mile
point, filling the cockpit with a lot of dust. We did a "field-repair" that
held OK for the 172 gas run, but the thing is in need of some serious work
between now a d Speed Week..
                                                Ardun Doug