classes

To: LSR Group <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: classes
From: Finishline Coatings <lona@finishlinecoatings.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 10:16:49 -0700
O.K. Guys and Gals...
I'm going to throw in my 35 cents worth here. Course I'm kind of a new kid on
the block ,
so I don't know much about the whole territory yet.  But I kind of think like
Dahlgren,
why do we need more classes.  You talk about some of those years of cars not
being
aerodynamically as good as others so they are at a disadvantage?  I thought the
whole idea
is to take a body style we liked and do our best to go as fast as possible with
the
financial means we felt comfortable with!!! Doug Roberson's 32 coupe is a barn
door and he
has made it run over two hundred lots of times (of course, it's GMC powered).
When I
started building my roadster I knew the car would be aerodynamically at a
disadvantage to
other cars in the class because most everyone uses a 27" modified roadster.
But I just
like the look of a 23 better.  Also, no slick, smooth fiber-glass body or nose.
 I wanted
it to look like a real car with all the body reveals and seams and a grill
shell like a
real car.  Of course, I knew we could over-come these things because by using a
GMC we
would have tons of horsepower!! Especially with our 50's junk yard parts!! And
yes, it's
great having a record at B-ville and Muroc and yes, I want to go 200 + and all
those
things but... for me, just getting to run the car and being with everyone else
is what
it's all about.  Maybe they should cut down on classes. Only two type of motors
allowed!!
Flat motors and GMCs. Most people could run flat motors and the really fast
people would
run GMCs. HA HA !!
Russ # 902 M.R.
The garbage truck motor man

P.S.  (can't make Muroc this year because the freshen-up took more dollars than
I had
planned on and the tow truck needed a pair of heads & cam & lifters & timing
chain &
gears).
PPS..Bet you can't say all that in one breath, Keith!!