Don McMeekin's 1183

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Don McMeekin's 1183
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 11:00:06 -0500
Not really sure how this happened but I conned Don into letting me drive his
Buick Skylark this weekend...( I used the excuse that he HAD to hear it
going through the lights )

I have always loved this Little car and all that it represents in the world
of Hot Rodding... Don and Dick have been whittling on this car as long as I
can remember and the thing is Just Pretty.... We all stood by the sidelines
and Rooted for them to Break 150mph. last year...and when they did the Crowd
went Wild... (shame you were out on the track you could have heard us Don)

Driving someone else's car is tough.... the deal is that You don't want to
Scratch it and you sure don't want to hurt that Bazzilion dollar Buick V8...
and at 8500rpm anything is possible...

the little car just runs like stink (that's good down here)... and Pulls
great....handles well and goes straight....

I keep trying to con him into taking it to Bville... he has worked So hard
and the car is Just that Nice.  I think Don said he was about 10mph off the
record at Bville....

Hey DON.... anytime you want to try that again... you just let me know...
what a Gas.... lovely Car... and thanks for letting me Drive it....

Keith ( hey I got to drive a car again.... )