Oiling problems

To: "land-speed list" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oiling problems
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 19:02:18 -0500
    We had an interesting Problem with the C motor this weekend and I think
I have answered what the Problem was.. ( thanks to Dave Dalgren )

We had Killer Oil Pressure at an Idle... but as the motor got up above 6000
rpm it started decreasing to about 45 psi and stayed there.... Basically
Dave thinks that the Oil was Frothing.... and our Most likely Suspect is the
Amount of Oil we had in the Pan.  It's a Road Race Pan and the Oil was Just
Barely showing on the Dipstick... but It took 8-9 qts to fill it and we knew
that Had to be wrong.... but the dipstick shouldn't Lie.... ( how many
inches below the Pan Rail should it be? )

We discussed several other options that it could be to include Breathing
problems and Oil Pan Style/ design.

Interesting discussion with Dave.... Love to see some thoughts here on it.

Keith  ( Who needs Oil Pressure anyway )