Re: Two Stroke Performance

To: "Richard Kensicki" <richk@sparta-junction.com>
Subject: Re: Two Stroke Performance
From: Carl Dreher <focusrsh@arn.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 08:29:56 -0600
Joe Ready wrote:

> The reason that I'm writing now is the
> information about the two strokes.  Apparently Carl knows what he is talking
> about.  He also showed his age unless he reads alot.

Both!

BTW, the Suzuki "Water Buffalo" was the basis for their 750cc triple
racer that Barry Scheen made so famous.

There is a variety of older privateer version of 2-stroke racers out
there, including those from Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki.  They're not cheap
but they aren't like collecting old Ferraris, either.

If you REALLY want some kick-butt 2-stroke power, go look at what is
available from the snowmobile folks.  I believe the SCCA Formula 440
class is based on a 2-cylinder Kawaski snowmobile motor.  (Something
like that... I don't keep up with SCCA too much.)

- Carl
gettin older every day