Re: Garlits and the 2-club

To: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Garlits and the 2-club
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 11:38:31 -0600
I made a Similar comment here when we got home from the salt.... Great
folks .... I loved the open and honest atmosphere.... the swap and loan was
one of my favorite parts

Still Looking for the Seiko Watch I lost on the starting line.... The dang
clasp was loose and it wouldn't matter cept I wore that thing in the
gulf... and it has some stupid sentimental value....  I was sure someone
would have heard of it being found... Oh well..... I know it wasn't
stolen... nice touch.... maybe it's part of the Salt today.... K

----------
> From: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@earthlink.net>
> To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
> Cc: Marge and/or Dave Thomssen <mdthom@radiks.net>; Land-speed Racers
<land-speed@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: Garlits and the 2-club
> Date: Saturday, January 08, 2000 10:53 AM
>
> The year that Garlits came to the salt and got into the 200 club Gary
Cagle and
> I had dinner with him and his wife Pat. He was really having a good time
as he
> talked about the runs on the salt and having to steer the car for over 5
miles
> insted of a 1/4 mile. He was also in awe of the fifties atmosphere in the
pits
> as people went out of their way to help each other and leave everything
on the
> salt at night and go to town. I have talked to him a couple of times at
the
> drags sence then and he would like to come back.Who knows maybe he will
reture
> some day and renew his fun.
> Glen
>
> Keith Turk wrote:
>
> > You know I thought I Saw that car in the Garlitis Museum here 10 yrs
ago...
> > but maybe all I saw was the Promotion Photos... I talked to him about
the
> > car and the effort back then and he truely was Proud of the effort and
> > think your right Dave.... given the opportunity he would be out there
on the
> > Salt today...
> >
> > Keith

He