Re: Karol Miller

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>, Ed Van Scoy <edvs@idt.net>
Subject: Re: Karol Miller
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 08:39:21 -0800 (PST)

--- "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
wrote:
> Ed,
> Thanks for the info, it confirms that I am not
> imagining things. It is
> good to have a reality check ow and then to
> certify memory. I had
> remembered his running both the '56 and '60
> Fords. There was an ad, by
> Latham Supercharges, in the Bonneville programs
> referring to his running
> their product. I don't remember that at
> Bonneville, maybe it was at
> Daytona. Does anyone know?

I don't know if he ran a Latham at Bonneville,
but I know he did at Daytona.  Lathams were all
over Flordia back then and were part of the local
folk lore.  At the time I was driving my dad's
'57 Chrysler 300C in Super Stock drag racing.
Every time I got to final eliminations for top
steet eliminator (or whatever they called it back
then), I got up against Latham's own test bed
Pontiac and he got the trophy every time except
twice.  Oh how I wanted a Latham! Everybody loved
that Chrysler 'cause it was just a little slow
off the line (5,500 lbs??), but about half track
it caught and passed whatever was in the other
lane every time, except when that damned Pontiac
was theren and we always made sure that was only
at the end of the day!

=====
Dick J
in east Texas