Re: Motor

To: <Nsmcafee@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Motor
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 09:15:06 -0500
Larry

I've built several for a bored out 283, no problems. Also built one from a
good 327 block and original Z-28 302 crank...bored it .020" over...best "D"
motor I've had yet. Could do the same with a 350 and custom crank...and you
could have a 4 bolt main.

My take on the '49 Modified Pick-Up is since it's covered by Gas Coupe
rules, than yes you can change the front suspension, but must keep the stock
frame. A Quick change, which I would recommend to anyone, is OK also.

Sounds like a cool ride.