re: January issue - reply to letter from Ken Walkey

To: mcgonegal@petersenpub.com
Subject: re: January issue - reply to letter from Ken Walkey
From: "Beverly C. Stanley" <beverlycst@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 19:29:59 -0800
Mr. McGonegal
I have not purchased one of your magazines since you stopped printing
articles on land speed racing events. I only read your reply to Ken
Walkey's letter because it was pointed out to me by a neighbor.

I can not believe you are not familiar with Ken's name and history. Even
the teeny boppers down the street, in my little burg, know about Ken.
Anyone who really cares about racing has at least heard about him.
Didn't you read the Autoweek articles on the land speed racers at Lake
Gairdner, South Australia? Or the Autoweek articles on the Muroc
Reunion?

Personally, I believe you can disagree with Mr. Walkey all day long -
but please try to tell him so in a polite manner - he doesn't deserve
the attitude.
Beverly Colton Stanley
just a volunteer worker at SCTA and BNI events.