Re: A basic question

To: Dave Lum <dimer@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: A basic question
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 13:18:07 -0800
Dave,

Welcome to the group! You pose some good questions, I only wish that I
had the right answers.

You will find that in landspeed racing there are less "cookie cutter"
cars. Each car has its own personality. I think that most everyone
starts by working on horsepower, however, there comes a time when
aerodynamics gets more attention. They are really two side to the same
coin. More horsepower will move a poorly streamlined vehicle faster, but
better streamline requires less horsepower. Unfortunately, improving
either category will drain your wallet.

One of the problems we have with the various classes is that there are
built in limits to what you can do with streamlining, so more horsepower
appears to be the only alternative.

Tom, Redding CA 1:15 PM PST