Re: being straight here....

To: "joe boogie" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>, kturk@ala.net,
Subject: Re: being straight here....
From: "Lawrence E. & Cathy R. Mayfield" <lemay@hiwaay.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 08:57:23
Interesting thread on the labeling of messages. And time tagging them. This
request must come from different email platforms because everytime I send
or receive a message my Eudora timetags it already. Maybe we should all use
Eudora?

mayf

At 06:01 AM 11/19/99 PST, joe boogie wrote:
>Keith;    ...but if theres  say maybe 10-15 different msgs on a given
>subject over a period of quite a few days, that's when it gets
>confusing-even if the "subject line" remains the same que-pasa? I.E.  "WHO
>came first"?
>In regard to printing the stuff out;  why it just seems natural to me to be
>able to put it in a file in my shop to be consulted at any time (during a
>late nite brain bash with others for example)   ...and to give copies to
>other racers who for one reason or another have not joined the list.
>   My pal in Maine, "Sam the Original Hot Rod Junkie" comes to mind as he is
>computer illerate and is starting a '34 Bonneville 'Coupe and could readily
>use this most current info on cooling!
>  BTW Keith, your name came up in conversation last Sat. with him regarding
>race tires....  I've a brand new set of 28" x 15 Goodyear frontrunners that
>he thought he could use, but decided against because of special "wide five"
>wheel requirements for his specific application with a stockcar type
>quickchange and body clearance. (he did'nt think he could get "wide fives"
>made in a 5" width.....)
>
>-Still got the tires if anyone is interested.... they're brand new.
>
>    Keep the Faith,     Hey!  gotta go.   Doug Anderson in NY
>

>>From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
>>To: "joe boogie" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>, <saltracer@awwwsome.com>,
>>     <land-speed@autox.team.net>, <abshuman@worldnet.att.net>,
>><beanracers@aol.com>, <cbailey@sprise.com>, <drichard@stny.lrun.com>,
>>  <whodaky@sympac.com.au>, <hastingsv@aol.com>, <weldit@digisys.net>,
>>  <v8ford@neca.com>, <markalla@pacbell.net>, <av8ford@volcano.net>,
>><tinshed@ozemail.com.au>, <pvincent@poci.amis.com>,
>><hotrodprod@pdt.net>, <skipreadio@compaq.com>
>>CC: <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
>>Subject: being straight here....
>>Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 18:13:20 -0600
>>
>>if the subject matter is going along with the content... then everything is
>>fine... it's when we start meandering off the subject header that things
>>get a little difficult....
>>
>>First all of this information on Cooling is now Archived at
>>www.listquest.com
>>so the need to Print isn't necessary... unless you have a burning desire to
>>have the hard copy to share with your friends or wish to use it when your
>>computer isn't available.... ( Okay who taught my kids how to play on this
>>thing anyway)
>>
>>The Subject Line is the device best used to follow a Thread of
>>information... so if we keep that pretty close to the content ... Life is
>>GOOD...
>>
>>Keith Turk
>>Eprise Al
>>  ----------
>> > From: joe boogie <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
>> > To: saltracer@awwwsome.com; land-speed@autox.team.net;
>>abshuman@worldnet.att.net; beanracers@aol.com; cbailey@sprise.com;
>>drichard@stny.lrun.com; whodaky@sympac.com.au; hastingsv@aol.com;
> [...]

L.E. Mayfield
124 Maximillion Drive
Madison, Al. 35758-8171
1-256-837-1051

old >>>>>>>>  http://www.hsv.tis.net/~mayfield
new >>>>>>>>  http://home.hiwaay.net/~lemayf

DrMayf@AOL.com
lemay@hiwaay.net   <<<<preferred

Sunbeam Tiger, B9471136
Sunbeam Alpine Bonneville Land Speed Racer,
'66 Hydroplane Drag Boat (390 FE)