Re: ARDUN HEADS

To: lsr_man@yahoo.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ARDUN HEADS
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 13:39:15 EST
In a message dated 11/19/1999 9:37:04 AM Pacific Standard Time,
lsr_man@yahoo.com writes:

<<

 if
 > anyone is crazy enough to tackle a set of these
 > dinosauers.
 >                                         Ardun
 > Doug King in Castro's Valley,
 > CA.

 I'm certain that I fit the "crazy enough" part,
 but I know my wallet won't.  I was just curious.
 I think I'll have to stick with my old Evans
 flatheads and the ol' elephant hemi, and leave
 the Arduns to my dreams.

Dick,
    Ironically(sp?) the Ardun is widely believed to be the father of
Chrysler's 1951 331 Hemi. Rumor has it that when the MoPar engineers drew up
the 331 Hemi in 1950 they had an Ardun head and a 331 Cadillac Kettering V8
lower-end on the drawing table, combining the two to make their first
OHV.......Ardun Doug in CA.