Re: Early morning, Late Day runs at B'ville (LONG)

To: lemay@hiwaay.net (Lawrence E. & Cathy R. Mayfield),
Subject: Re: Early morning, Late Day runs at B'ville (LONG)
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 17:28:49 -0500 (EST)
Wow, this is deep.  It'll be interesting to see what the experts say.
But air density is a function of barometric pressure AND temperature.  I
believe you would have your barometric pressure changing during an
average day at Bonneville and anywhere else.

Only other comment I could make is that people with 6-71-type blowers
can keep their manifold pressure up regardless of dropping air density,
thereby keeping power at the desired level, merely by changing the
blower drive ratio (within certain limits, I imagine).  Maybe(?) people
that use nitrous can do the same thing by adding more fuel and nitrous.
I gather you trash your engine this way very quickly if you don't know
what you're doing.  Regards,  ArdunBill