Re: New Folks and Archives

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, "To:" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Folks and Archives
From: "Tom Birch" <dntbirch@foothill.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 08:25:55 -0800
I confess to have been lurking for a few months, but have not had a reason
or the time to respond and become more envolved.
  I ran an EG roadster at b'ville back in 1966. Wanted to see if a poor high
school auto shop teacher could do any good. Got the car on the salt for
about $300 and got within 4 mph of the record. Was all enthused about going
faster, but family and other problems got in the way.
  Finished my teaching carrier at Yuba College, a Community College, wrote a
few college-level automotive textbooks (Suspension & Steering, Brakes,
Manual Drivetrains, A/C), and found enough time to look at this list. Have
built a '48 Plymouth sreet rod, 360 Dodge Magnum engine with a 5-speed.
    I really like what I saw at B'ville, the comradery with competitors
helping each other and the quest to go fast with whatever strikes your
fancy, as long as it fits a class. And, this list is very interecting.
Tom Birch