Re: Re: speed

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: speed
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 13:08:14 -0500
Mike, List,

  I checked the History Channel website <www.historychannel.com> and found
the number (800-408-4842) to A&E Home Video.  They said they don't currently
have anything in their
system on tape, but expect to have copies of "Top Speed" available during
the time the show airs.  Their normal prices for tapes are $14.95-$29.95
with some specials going for a bit more.

  The person I spoke to also mentioned that if we were interested in 15 or
more copies we could call during the week and arrange a wholesale rate.  Any
slick business people out there want to take on the wholesale tape purchase?
(BRN?)  I'll order one.  I guess if you ended up with extra's you could sell
them at an event swap meet.

  Tape purchases may encourage the producers to make more such programs, and
avoids any bending of federal copyright laws.

Chuck Rothfuss
ECTA #510
Pole Cat Hollow, NC