Cookie Cutters and Bellie Buttons

To: "Ferguson, Darrell" <dfergus@bactc.com>, "'V4GR@aol.com'" <V4GR@aol.com>,
Subject: Cookie Cutters and Bellie Buttons
From: Dick Jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 14:29:01 -0800 (PST)

--- "Ferguson, Darrell" <dfergus@bactc.com>
wrote:
> I'm glad I'm runnin a cookie cutter Firebird
> and not a Camaro ! (Does this
> mean I understand?)
>
>               Darrell

Sheeeeit man, this is just fun.  Pokin at each
other like this.  You know, when I was on R&R
from Viet Nam, I was walking through the
underground parking lot of the Ala Moana Shopping
Center in Hawaii when I heard this most
Gawd-awful lope easing towards my direction.  In
the hollow parking lot it was the most incredible
music I had ever heard.  My wife wanted to open
the glass door and go into the shopping center,
but I held her back for three or four minutes
until the source of the sound idled by so I could
see it.  I had never seen a 1970 Trans Am before,
and I instantly vowed to get one the day I got
back from Viet Nam.  Seven months later I went to
the local Pontiac dealer to buy one of them big
455 muthers, but could not afford it.  I wandered
over to the nearby Chebby dealer, and what does
he have on his floor but a left-over, two year
old, honest-to-God, Camaro Z-28 - which was
greatly reduced in price.  I bought it.  An hour
later, after it had been serviced - I screeched
out of the dealrship and learned what solid
lifters in a short-stroke small block meant -
that was one haulin' mouse motor and revved about
as freely as any motorcycle motor ever built.  I
swore the tach needle could get to red line
before my foot could get to the floor, and the
sound was astounding. I heard that same sound
last spring when Keith fired up his "girlie car"
right accross from my pit at Maxton, and my hair
stood up the same way it had 25 years earlier! In
all truth - there ain't anything that's high
performance motorsports that don't turn me on.
Ford / GM/ Mopar / Brit / Italian /German / even
rice-burner / big block / small block/ four cyl /
eight cyl /twelve cyl. Don't none of it make any
difference.  If it's high performance, it turns
my head! Hey, ain't that really why we all love
this sport???

=====
Dick J - - ECTA #72
G/FCC  -  FX/GMR