Re: My posting titled LMAOOOOOO

To: owner-land-speed@autox.team.net, wspotter@jps.net,
Subject: Re: My posting titled LMAOOOOOO
From: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 20:06:35 EST
--part1_0.686ce589.25577c1b_boundary

From: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Full-name: OHFASTONE
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 19:50:00 EST
To: wspotter@jps.net, owner-land-speed@autox.team.net

Hey everyone,

        I'm glad that, so far, that story is being enjoyed.  I had gotten a
little bit worried(?) after receiving a letter from someone who was a bit
miffed that something like his was posted (their exact words were, "With due
respect, I did not subscribe to landspeed list to receive this type of
stuff."  I respect everyone's feelings and opinions, but, I think the
signifigance of this story was missed.  We all love land speed racing (we're
here aren't we?) and a lot of us use alternate fuels, and in the history of
LSR, a variety of "fuels" have been used in different applications, from
piston and rotary engines to jet and rocket power.  Now correct me if I'm
wrong, but in a way, doesn't this qualify as rocket propulsion utilizing CNG
(definitely compressed and 100% natural) as a fuel source?  And even though
it took place on land (near the salt no less) I seriously doubt any SPEED
records were broken, at least not by the gerbil.  Yeah I know, I have a
(slightly) sick sence of humor but what can you expect when a bunch of guys
and women get in a group discussing speed, alternate fuels, and  new (albeit
strange) ways of creating a motivational force........ of course have a few
members with warped personalities and senses of humor only adds "fuel" to
that fire.  Oh, one more thing, could you also classify it as "Obnoxious
Oxide?"

--part1_0.686ce589.25577c1b_boundary--