Re: The most basic question of all...

To: "Chuck Rothfuss" <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The most basic question of all...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 18:38:04 -0800
we gotta change the Name of that Rotary engined thing you call the USS
Wankle... Chuck....

For those of you who don't know Chuck.... he has this little 510 with a
Rotary and for lack of a better word...(and because it's the right one ) he
HOT LAPS the damn thing at Maxton.... between the sounds of the McMeekin
boys at 8500rpm and Chuck they account for 95% of the Noise pollution...
but they also take home 95% of the fun....

Chuck and I came up with the Idea for this List and again like Wendy
yesterday I thank him and John Beckett for being here in the early going
when discussions on Fuel and clutches were no where to be found... Great
week here.... I have learned a ton.. MY what a shock... and Dave this was
my first year racing the Whole season with the ECTA and my first trip to
the Salt...

If your not hooked and don't have any time on your hands... DON'T go to
Maxton.....  This place is addicting.... oh and so is the Speed.... Tom
really said it best when he talked about working up to it.... here are the
speeds we ran with the intention of doing as Tom recommended building up...

first meet.... 138mph... 2nd  147mph...... 3rd  166mph .... 4th.... 172mph
..
5th 180mph....... Bonneville 190 timed and 198mph out the back... last
weekend with the back up motor chilling our heels... we went 161mph
oh yeah almost forgot the run in Paul Chism's Jag.... I drove to 200.758mph

Keith Turk.....