Re: Methanol Solves Mysteries

To: dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com, Land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Methanol Solves Mysteries
From: Dick Jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 14:29:44 -0800 (PST)

--- dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com wrote:
> methanol solves mysteries.
> doug@black radon engineering
>

> OK Doug, maybe you can give me a little primer.
 Fuel, other than gasoline, has always been a
mystery to me.  If I understand correctly,
compression, fuel flow, ignition timing and
mixture are what have to be changed for using
other than gasoline.
1.  What exactly has to be done to an average
high performance motor (use a 400 hp small block
Chevy as an example) to make it burn Methanol,
and how is the HP output effected.
2.  Now, what do you do differently to that same
motor to make it run on nitro, and how does that
effect HP output.
3.  And last, (even NOS is a mystery to me), what
do you have to do to put laughing gas into that
motor (with gasoline as it's main fuel, of
course), and how does it effect final HP output?

Some of you guys are already laughing your @$$#$
off at this, but in fifty years of messin' around
with hot rods etc., I have never really gotten
involved in nor understood "fuel" motors.  So
feel free to jump in and throw some additional
light on this for me, and for anybody else who
may have always wanted to know but was too
ashamed to ask.
Hmmmmm.  Quittin' time right now, let's see,
should be at least 43 messages holding when I get
in and fire this computerator up tomorrow
morning.  hee hee hee

=====
Dick J - - ECTA #72
G/FCC  -  FX/GMR