Heads....

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heads....
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 21:22:35 -0800
I have been studying Heads for the last month or so for the D motor and I
finally was forced into a corner and came up with a Great solution....

What I found first was that a Turbo motor doesn't get as critical about
Heads and flow rates and so on.... the better the Heads the better the flow
obviously and the better things work up top the less Boost you have to
stuff in the engine to make the same Power....

For the Dollar the Pro one heads from Dart are just to easy.... best out
there for the Buck....

on my next stop I looked seriously at Air Flow Research .... lots of
choices and the price doesn't really change between heads like the other
folks... 1425 buys the head you need for your application... Nice touch I
thought and a 3/4" thick deck looked real appealing...for sealing Boost
pressures....

On the end of the Day I stopped at Muscle Motor sports and bought someone's
used 18 degree junk.... it had the Jesel Shaft mount rockers and the intake
with the offset roller Lifters and the Price was fair... Porting was
already done and they look better then anything I have ever owned so what
the hell they will work...   I know John will snicker at this Post as I
about walked around with them at the Meet cause they were so Pretty.....
neat stuff ... Keith

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )